7/15/09

I made it myself!

I made these cupcakes for Xander's birthday party in MN. I must say I am very proud of how they turned out. Not only were they delicious, (wacky cake cupcakes with a delicious pudding frosting--how can you go wrong!?!?!?!) but the picks on top turned out better than I had hoped when I dreamt up the idea! I used a font called LDJ Baby Animals from the website scrap n font. I enlarged them to around 200 (font size) and printed them out on white card stock. I then colored them all by hand. Next, I cut each letter into a square/rectangle shape and then I used mounting squares (for scrapbooking) to adhere them to pieces of scrapbook paper (rainbow stripe by The Paper Studio), cut slightly bigger then the card stock. Finally I attached toothpicks to the backs with heavy duty tape. It is hard to tell in the picture but it spells out "Happy 2nd Birthday Xander". I made 24 picks one for each letter, one for "2nd" and 4 of just animals. The stand holding the cupcakes is from Wilton.
Here's the Birthday Boy enjoying the fruits of my labor!

2 comments:

The Heath Fam said...

LOVE THEM!!!! They look adorable, and those cupcakes....yum..... Great work!

Rae said...

Delicious, you can bake anytime for us!! It was an awesome looking creation which I don't think Xander at 2 could fully appreciate. Maybe someday...

Love, Tawnda