7/8/09

Educational and Fun--How can that be?


In addition to all the fun I was having visiting family and playing with cousins (Kailey and Evie), mom decided that since Grandma had taken the day off we'd venture to the Forest History Center. I know what you are thinking. A history center about the forest----boring! Well it was a lot of fun! The above picture is Evie and I sitting on a large stump. Mommy and Auntie Tawnda thought it would be cool for us to hold pieces of wood. In case you are wondering we are holding pieces of a birch tree. They do not have birch trees in Texas (maybe it is too hot for them?)! This fun photo op only lasted a sec, because soon after Mommy and Grandpa were sawing a log--and I don't mean napping. I mean they really sawed a log! It was too funny! Mommy of course did not get any pictures, but I suppose Grandma has some ( I bet they are hilarious)! Then Mommy and Grandpa used a hammer like object with a metal die on it to pound a dollar sign into the piece of wood they sawed. Apparently the better you hit the wood and leave a nice looking dollar sign, the more money you got. Believe you me, Mommy is not cut out for working at a logging camp, she barely got the dollar sign on the wood. Grandpa did much better, but said he'd stick to making paper, instead of cutting the wood.

This fellow here is the blacksmith at the camp! He and Grandpa seemed to know one another very well, though I am not sure how!?!?!? I thought he looked a lot like someone else.... Needless to say, I thought he was pretty cool, and I kept finding rocks, dirt, sticks, etc. to hand him! Then we went and saw the horses. They were cool! They had big harnesses on them and one of them went poopy. Well Grandma volunteered to pick up the poopy, so we could pet the horses! Thank you Grandma!

This is me with Grandma and Grandpa. We are standing in front of the very first car that the Forestry Department ever bought. It is VERY old, but still works. Kinda like Mommy! Ha Ha--just kidding Mommy!

Here is Auntie Tawnda and Evie standing in front of the car. Auntie's shirt is very red--red, aha, put the man from the above pictures in red---Santa!!!! I sure am glad I played with him. Maybe I won't have to sit on his lap, because he already knows me and my Grandpa!!

Me and Grandpa decided to walk ahead and check out this engine or pump, I am not too sure what it was, but it was pretty cool, and Grandpa let me touch it! Mommy very rarely lets me touch anything cool--it's always "No Touch!" or "We look with our eyes, not our hands!" All in all it was a pretty cool trip. Mommy said it was by far her funnest trip to the Forest History Center--apparently she's been there quite a few times! Good Times, Good Times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had such a fantastic visit "home". Just love all the photos and seeing Grandma and Granpa in action.
keep them coming
Love Dawn XX