12/31/08

"New Year, New You"---do I have to?

It seems as though everything I see lately, says something about the New Year and a New You. I don't want there to be a new me. Maybe a slightly thinner and more fit me, but I like myself just as I am! I mean I have a great life--a wonderful husband, a beautiful and joyful little boy, a house to finally call my own, a "job" that I am loving, what more can a girls ask for! Well since it is the end of the year, I will look forward to the next one! So what do I want to accomplish in 2009? Well lets see...

1. To finish Xander's first year scrapbook before he turns 2, that leaves me only 6 months-yikes!

2. To be healthier--this requires a few steps. First, of all I am not going on a diet, I am just going to eat healthier, write down what I eat, and eat the correct portion size. That's right no counting calories, or fat grams, just a pen and some paper to keep me in line! Second, I am going to drink more water. It is not that I drink a lot of pop, or sweet tea, it's that I just don't drink anything, so I will start. Yes, I will write this down as well, lets try for at least 5 decent size glasses of water! Third, I have a toddler, I will use him as an excuse to run around, play, be silly, and "exercise"!

3. I will not buy unnecessary things this year. Shopping is a huge weakness of mine. I WILL control it! I will be frugal, and if I cannot get it for next to nothing, than we do not need it! Here I come yard/garage sales, craigslist, Marshall's and consignment stores!!!!! (Chris I know you will appreciate and help me with this one!)

4. I will try at least one new recipe a week! I have even started this today! I have a recipe in the slow cooker as we speak! This will not only allow us to broaden our menus, but also play into my frugality and make me plan my grocery shopping trips better, so I do not buy useless things. Stock the pantry with basics and use them and a wonderful array of spices to create wonderful meals!!!!

5. I will read at least one new book a month! I have lots of options sitting on the book case!

There, I think that sounds pretty good! Nothing too challenging, so I'll actually stick to it, and yet things that can only benefit and enhance my life! Here's to a wonderful 2009! May we all have good health, happiness and lots of love!!!

No comments: