12/26/08

Like the new kid in school

I don't know if it is because I am ten years older, or that I have a baby to protect, or that I am feeling like the new kid in school, but I am having a hard time making a point to get out and make friends here in Texas. It may have something to do with the fact that I am not working, unlike any of my previous moves, you are kind of forced to meet new people when you start a new job. Also, I had really special friends in SC, whom I love and miss terribly. I don't want them to feel replaced or abandoned anymore than they feel already. I obviously need adult contact, and while Chris and I have a great relationship-sometimes you just need to talk with your girlfriends. Now don't get me wrong I talk to one of my best friends nearly every day, but she lives in SC has 3 kids of her own and a full time job, so it is unfair to burden her with all my "problems". Time for a change!!! "New Year, New Me" will be my motto in 2009. I WILL make at least one new friend. I WILL go on play dates to give my son the opportunity to play with other children--and get some non-mommy time! I WILL be the confident and outgoing person I was before the move! There don't you feel better--I know I do!!!!!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Dang it! Left a huge comment and the thing didn't save it. Grr.. Anyway, I would encourage you to join a MOPS group. It's for moms with children age birth to kindergarten. I LOVE IT! It gives me a chance to talk to other mothers with young children sans Evie for a couple of hours every other week. Evie gets to play with other children her age. While we are together we moms get to listen to great speakers (we had a panel of mothers talk about what they do for disciplining-loved it) and actually get stuff done (we've made apple crisp to bring home and last week we made a neat brag book). I looked online and there are to in Richmond. One had a website http://www.riverpointemops.blogspot.com
it looks pretty neat. I have a lot of trouble "getting out of my shell" and this has really helped me to meet new friends. Evie loves it to. They have great ladies watching the kids. And ours has a 10 minute "crying" rule. That way we know that our kids aren't "freaking" out during the hours we are "away." I look forward to it all the time. You can go and "visit" without any commitments. You'd love it.

I love you,
Tawnda

P.S. Here's to 2009. The Jan. issue of CK has some great ideas for reminders of your 2009 goals. I am working on one similar to Elizabeth Kartchners in the frame.