1/18/10

Hidey ho, neighborino!

Well my peeps it sure has been a long time since I've talked to you. You must be wondering what has been going on in my life, that has kept me from you. Well to be honest, it is all my Mommy's fault. She's kept me far too busy, and then she's been working on her own projects. But, I'm back baby and I've got stories to share. First up...



Mommy let me help her decorate the Christmas tree this year. It was so exciting. She unwrapped the ornaments and then I got to hang them on the tree. Of course sometimes I got distracted, especially if they were car ornaments and I wanted to play with them, rather than hang them on the tree. But, we managed just fine and got the tree decorated in only 1 day. I loved the Christmas tree. It was my job to make it "happy" every morning by turning on the lights. Mommy put on this special gold tree that was just for me to touch to turn the lights on. I sure was sad when Mommy said it was time to take it down. I thought by her taking the tree down, that all my Christmas presents went away too. Thankfully that was not true.



Man that was a rockin' tree.
Here I am hamming it up in front of the tree.
Looks pretty good doesn't it. We do fine work Mommy and I.



This is a new ornament that I got from our friends in Australia. In Australia Santa wears shorts and flip flops because it is summer there when it is winter here. Can you believe it? I was very happy to receive this gift. Especially since Mommy let me open it before Christmas. I even got to hang it on the tree.



Daddy took another day off during the week before Christmas and we spent the day doing super fun things. First we went and saw Santa. I wasn't diggin' him very much once we saw him in person, and I refused to sit on his lap. However, they did let me sit on this very cool purple box in front of Santa. I played it cool and gave my best "blue steel" for the nice camera lady. Afterwards we went to Build A Bear. I hadn't been in a while. Mommy and I had looked on the computer, the night before, to see what animals they had available and I picked a Panda Bear. I was very excited to see that they had the Panda Bear in the store, though it took us a bit to find it.



This nice lady here let me push a pedal with my foot and she put some stuffin' in my bear. I then picked out a heart and stuffed it inside. Then that nice lady sewed him up so his parts wouldn't fall out.



Then we moved on to the "washing" station. There wasn't any water, just air. I thought that was a little strange, but then Daddy helped me out and we got my panda clean.



Next we picked out something for the panda to wear. Didn't want him to get cold-it is winter you know. We tried on a few shirts including the one you see above, but then I decided that he needed a football and so we got him suited up. Too bad they didn't have a Vikings uniform. That would've been sweet.



Build A Bear was a lot of fun and I really like my friend Panda. Next stop was the book store, but Mommy and Daddy didn't let me get any books :( Then we went to Pei Wei and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed some Asian cuisine. I told them that Pei Wei is too yummy for me, so I enjoyed a cereal bar and some fruit snacks.

It was a great day. I like it when we have fun days as a family. Mommy says that we are going to have one next week. She says we are going to look at schools for me. I am not sure what that means, but I am keeping an open mind! Well peeps that is all for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more tales. Until then, peace out!

3 comments:

Rae said...

Thanks for keeping your peeps updated Xander!! We love hearing from "you" and your panda is very cute. You'll have to post a picture of you playing with panda in his football outfit! Tell your mom that I loved challenge #2!!

LOVE
Auntie Tawnda

Anonymous said...

Great looking panda bear awesome job.
Love always Grandpa Jeff

Anonymous said...

Grandma wishes they had Build a Bears when she was young so she could have had as much fun as you did. We're really going to have to work on getting interested in the horses though. Sounds like you had a fun family day. Wish we could have been there too. Love, Grandma Peg