10/29/09

I work hard for the money!

So it was a nice Saturday afternoon.
I was just laying on the couch, minding my own business.
Relaxin' after a crazy morning of playing and running around.



Daddy tells me I need to get moving because we have work to do.


"Work-schmerk!" I tell him.
"I am busy making plans with my peeps!"


"No-- seriously bud, you need to sweep the kitchen!" Daddy says.
I laugh this must be some kind of sick joke.
I'm two, they can't expect me to start working already.
Can they?


Oh, he was serious...


So in order to get through the grind, I did what anyone else would do.
I started singing!
"Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to work we go!"


"You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store"


"Hey hey, the working man, the working man like me
I ain't never been on welfare, that's one place I won't be
Cause I'll be working long as my two hands are fit to use
I drink a little (root)beer in a tavern
Sing a little bit of these working man blues"

Daddy and Mommy both appreciated my hard work and taste in music.
They said because I did such a great job, that I would soon be promoted to mopping.
I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good! So I told them to...

"Take this job and shove it I ain't workin' here no more
My woman done left and took all the reason I was working for
Ya, better not try and stand in my way
Cause I'm walkin', out the door
Take this job and shove it I ain't working here no more"

Mommy and Daddy tried to hide their smiles and laughter, but I knew that I had them!
Daddy cannot believe my extensive knowledge of old Country songs!
It's true--I am pretty awesome and hilarious!
I like that word. Hilarious!
Man, sometimes I even crack myself up!
Talk to you later peeps!
Oh and don't work too hard!

2 comments:

Rae said...

You are hilarious Xander!! Love the photos of you in your tighty-whiteys too!!

Auntie Tawnda

Anonymous said...

Xander, your momma should write books! Grandpa and Grandma truly appreciated your sense of humor and how hard you worked!