10/17/09

Here comes the parade!

So it's been awhile since Mommy just posted sweet, sweet pictures of me without fancying them all up with her precious digital scrapbooking! I told her that my peeps need to see me and that they could not wait for her to jazz them up in Photoshop! She finally obliged! What you see here is my first real parade. I actually went to one up in New York when I was 6 weeks old, but as I slept through the entire parade (even the fire engines), this is the first parade I actually saw! I went with my bestest friend Landry, his mommy-Miss Jennifer, his little brother Ryan and of course Mommy. It was a lot of fun!



Landry and I got to ride in the wagon, kind of a tight fit for us growing boys, but we made it work.


The parade was pretty early in the morning, so we had to get our snack on.



Enjoying the parade, but really just wanting to be OUT of the wagon!



This is Ryan, he is smiling at Mommy. She was pretty excited by this. I am not sure how Ryan liked the parade, as I don't think he saw much of it. Also, some stranger asked to hold Ryan. Um hello?!?!?!?!?!--doesn't she know we are not supposed to talk to--let alone be held by--strangers? Come on people!



I kind of enjoyed the fire engines--although they were really loud! It kind of scared me a couple of times, but I didn't let it show!



My buddy Landry is really into musical instruments, so we pretended that our flags were musical instruments. I am playing the flute!



You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag.
Thanks George M. Cohan for that spirited march! I had lots of fun at the parade and can't wait for my next one! Later my peeps!

3 comments:

The Heath Fam said...

Too cute!!! We had lots of fun, too. Can't wait for more!

Rae said...

I miss you Xander, so much it hurts! I wish I could see you everyday. I wish I could've gone to the parade with you. I miss you tons!

Auntie
Tawnda

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time i wish i could have been there.

Love always grandpa Jeff