9/2/08

We made it!!

Well for those of you reading, whom I left hanging...things are great! We did not have a crack in the foundation (just an air bubble), and other than a one day delay, we were able to close on our house and move in! Of course a lot has happened since I last posted. Sorry it has taken so long, but moving is a big effort. Oh and we just got Internet access and such late last week!

So the drive from SC to TX was a pretty smooth one! Unfortunately Chris had to drive the Uhaul, that left me and Xander to make the long drive together. Now if you have never ridden in a car with a toddler, you may not know that they have the attention span of a fruit fly! Thankfully I purchased a personal DVD player. So Xander was amused with Diego and Dora videos for the 949+ mile trip, that and he took some naps, ate snacks, etc. It was a pretty nice drive, and thankfully we made the trip before Gustave arrived, as that was the area which we drove through.

As far as moving into the house and getting settled--so far, so good! I am on a leave of absence from work, so Xander and I get to hang out and I try to unpack things while he "helps"! He has adapted rather well to the move and seems excited by the house, especially the back yard and the stairs (it is a two-story house)! Slowly, but surely we will get everything together! Most everything is unpacked--just have some odds and ends, and a little organizing to do!

Chris started work on the 25th and seems to really enjoy it! He is still learning, but as he is super smart, he will get the hang of things pretty quickly! He had a nice three day weekend because of Labor Day, and spent part of Sunday mowing the lawn--something he hasn't done in over 12 years! Let's just say he was feeling it yesterday morning!

Yesterday was my niece Evie's first birthday! It seems like just yesterday I was crying over the fact that my son was turning one! And then I teared up at the fact that she is now one! I looked at the pictures from her party--what a cutie! Wish we could have been there! Though like I've said before, it is so nice that we have the technology to send pictures within the same day as something happens! I miss our Minnesota families so much, and am very much looking forward to going there in October!

Speaking of little ones--sound as though mine is stirring! Until we meet again!


No comments: