9/4/08

What to do, What to do!

So now that we are getting settled, and things are going smoothly, I have been thinking about going back to work. It's not that I don't want to work, it's just that I don't know if I want to in the same place.

I worked for over nine years at the same store. I helped open the store and saw it before it had any shelves, or fixtures. I set some of the first planograms (for those of you not in retail-planograms are what we use to set all the pegs and shelves in place, so that the merchandise can be organized), filled shelves, put up fresh decals. I have also held a lot of different positions in the store from a cashier supervisor to an hourly store manager. There were definitely good times as well as not so good times at "my" store. But, everything seemed to change around June of 2007. See that is when my son was born. I had a glorious 12 weeks learning how to be a mom and taking care of my new baby. But then I had to go back to work (now I know most people don't get the luxury of 12 weeks, some only get 6) not only was the staff different and people had changed positions, but the attitude was different. The "Fast, Fun and Friendliness" was gone, in its place was laziness, hatefulness and blame. The only thing that kept me going was knowing that Chris was going to get a new job. One that would set me free of that place, and the unhappiness and stress that it caused.

Well, I got my freedom from that store, and although I miss most of the people terribly, I do not miss that atmosphere at all. But my dilemma now, is do I want to continue to work for the same company doing what I know, because it provides me with benefits, or do I want to take a leap and try something new that is not retail, that allows me to work part-time doing something that fulfills me! I have been in the store that I would work at, at to be honest I did not feel the "fast, fun and friendliness" there, but for one cashier! I guess I'll be taking a look in the want-ads! I still have a little time to decide, as I won't be going back to work until after Xander and I get back from a trip to see our family in MN!



1 comment:

Rae said...

Choose a job you love. Look at those who don't have that and you will realize that the money is NEVER worth it.

I can't wait for October.

Love,
Tawnda