8/14/08

Are you Serious?????

So in my last blog posting I mentioned that we were buying a house. How exciting we thought, our first home. Now I know why I have been renting for the last 10+ years. I think this moving experience is going to give me an ulcer.

Not only do I have to fax like a thousand things both to the mortgage place and the home company, but now we've had an inspection and everything is great except for two things. Turns out they are two really BIG things. First the air conditioner is not working right--hello have you see the weather in TX, it is hot-- A/C is a must! Second there is a crack in the foundation-so now we do not know whether we will be able to get that fixed in a weeks time, which is when we are supposed to be closing on the house---aaaagh! Apparently we have to hire a structural engineer to determine the severity of the crack, and if it is severe enough, then they have to rip up the floor in that spot to get to the foundation, so they can fix it.

Now we cannot just sit here and wait, as we have given our notice at the apartment, and we have a Uhaul truck scheduled for Monday morning!!! Chris also HAS to start work by September 1st--and, that is the reason we are moving in the first place!!! We also have to close by the 26th of August with our mortgage---aaaagh. So either we will be living out of our car until all of this is taken care of, or we will have to get a storage building and live out of it! Oh the stress--I think my stomach just seized! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keesha-
Moving always sucks, but somehow things always end up working out. I think its really great that you guys are buying a house, I'm sure after all the stress has passed you guys will be really happy you did! I hope that you post pictures of all the decorating! Sorry we can't be there to help you move. Good luck!
-Wendy