8/9/08

Things have been a little bit crazy!

Well it has been a while since I typed anything, but with good reason. We are soon to be on the move! Chris has found himself a job "Deep in the Heart of Texas"--Near Houston to be more specific! It is an exciting new chapter in the lives of our family! We have lived here in SC for just over 10 years. It will be sad to leave all the wonderful people we have become friends with, but they are never more than a phone call, e-mail or text away.

As our families will tell you they are all a tad disappointed, because we are not moving back to MN. Technically we are only 1-2 hours closer than we are now. But, even though they are sad, I know that they only want the best for us, and are truly excited. And it will be a nice place to visit in the winter months when MN gets sooooo cold!

More exciting news is that Chris and I are buying our first home. It will be nice to finally have something that is ours. Oh to think of all the money we have spent in rent over the years! It will be fun decorate the new house, the way we want it. I of course am not looking forward to the actual painting and such, but you do what you do!

I will be taking a leave of absence from work for multiple reasons. First, I need a break! Secondly, as I have relied on one of my best friends to watch Xander while I'm at work, I need to find a suitable daycare for him. Thirdly, I am not sure exactly what I want to do yet! I know I will transfer to another "retail store", but I just don't know what I want to do there or how many hours I want to work a week! Only time will tell!

Well I hear my sweet little boy stirring in his room, so I will sign off. Until next time!

2 comments:

Rae said...

It will be a great place to visit. Except for the cost of travel, ugh. I am so happy for you guys. Especially for Christ to find a job that he loves. I am glad that you will get to finally buy a new home. Painting is a bummer BUT the finished product is awesome. I love my house and getting to paint it the colors we love. You'll also get to hang your pictures...finally. Can't wait for the pictures. Love you guys.

Rae said...

Oops, I meant Chris NOT Christ. Such a blasphemy;o)