6/5/08

my first blog

Well I never thought I would be a blogger, but after reading my sister's blog, I thought she had a pretty good thing going, so I decided to start my own.

Tomorrow is Xander's fisrt birthday, and whenever I think about it I cry. It just doesn't seem like a year has passed. I remember is birth so vividly, and when I look at him I wonder where the time has gone. He is so close to walking and will totter along holding on to our fingers. He is quite the charmer and loves to laugh and smile.

It also makes me cry to know that none of mine or Chris' immediate family will be here to help us celebrate. However, we do have some good friends here whom I consider my extended family and they will be here. For those that can't be here I have asked that they write a letter or card to Xander to be opened on his 18th birthday!

As it is, I have planned what I hope will be a special birthday for Xander--though he won't remember it!! I am going to attempt to make a cake from my childhood, called Wacky Cake. We will also be having a light lunch. Tomorrow we will be taking a picture of Xander in a blue polo shirt, which I will continue to do on every birthday. It will be neat to see how he changes every year. I also have a lady coming to take his hand and foot imprints. She came to our room at the hospital, to take his imprints, so this will make a nice ending to his first year!

Xander will be waking up soon, and I need to get his lunch ready. Talk again soon!

Keesha

No comments: