6/6/08

Happy Birthday Xander

Well I woke up this morning and it finally dawned on me, the whole reason I have been so sad about Xander turning one is that he is now no longer my "baby". He is my little boy. He'll be walking and talking and running before long, and my snugly little baby will be replaced by an independent, strong willed little boy who wants to explore and of course get into things he shouldn't! Oh I know that he'll still come to his mama for hugs and kisses (at least for a little while!) and he'll still sit on my lap to read a book, but the days of exploring and running free are coming sooner rather than later. Of course this "little boy" started emerging before today, but I chose to ignore those times. I cannot ignore them any longer!

Does this mean that I am ready for another baby, definitely not. I have just come accept that I am now ready to move on to the next step of Xander's journey into adult hood. I am ready to cheer on his accomplishments, and move past the "baby" stage. Does that mean I won't cry anymore today, probably not. Today is a momentous occasion not only do we (Chris and I) get to celebrate the arrival of the sweetest, baby boy at 7:39 p.m., but we also get to celebrate the fact that we have been successful as PARENTS!!!! He is thankfully, happy and healthy and we had a little something to do with that.

So Happy Birthday Xander--my sweet, handsome, adorable, charming, little boy! I love you so much and look forward to this journey we call life!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Happy belated birthday, sweet precious boy!!

Keesha, I completely agree with your post. It is really hard to accept that Evie will be a little girl, toddler soon. I can't believe Xander is there already. These posts are great because now when you get the chance to scrapbook Xander's birthday all you have to do is print out your thoughts for that day. So much easier then trying to remember later. And you and Chris are awesome parents. It has been amazing to watch you guys step into parenthood with such confidence and laughter. The best is yet to come!!

Love you,
Tawnda