11/30/09

Goodbye November--Hello December!

Wow! What a November we've had.
Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but Daddy was on vacation and
we were having so much fun!!
Where do I start? Oh yes, the Houston Children's Museum.



Mommy and I went with our good friends Miss Jennifer, Landry and Ryan to the Houston Children's Museum. Actually Miss Jennifer had passes for us, so we all got to go for FREE!
Can you believe it? All this fun for free!
There was so much to see and do, we did not get to it all, but we sure had fun!



Check out some of the cool things we saw!



Since the weather has cooled off and it is nice to be outside,
Mommy has taken me to the park a few times.
We found a new one, that is a short drive from our house.
It is Mommy's new favorite.
Of course there is still the one in our subdivision.
I like this one, because I can climb all the way up the twisty slide.
Mommy doesn't really like it when I do that, she says I should go down the slide, not up it. Where's the challenge in that?



All right Mommy, I'll go "down" the slide just for you!



Here I am with my Daddy and Mommy. Pretty cute huh?



So Daddy took a day off during the week and it was a busy day for us!
We went and had family pictures taken,
then we went to lunch at some place called Sweet Tomatoes
(best part--I got to have some of Mommy's Strawberry Lemonade--so good!),
then we shopped a little before heading down to Galveston and the...BEACH!
I was so looking forward to doing some swimming.
Oh, but it was much too chilly for swimming when we got there.
So we had to do some other fun things instead.



We walked along the beach, looked for shells, climbed up on some kind of rock wall, used big sticks to draw in the sand, and all together had a great time!



I had to make sure people knew I had been to the beach! So I left a little message.


Mommy and Daddy celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary on the 25th of this month. I am not sure what that means, but I made sure that I behaved myself when we went out to eat to celebrate. I think I did pretty good! That night, however, I started feeling a little yucky and hot. Mommy said I had a fever, and used this crazy contraption that went into my armpit. She said it was a thermometer and it told her and Daddy how hot I was. I liked it cause it beeped.

The next day was Thanksgiving and we were supposed to head out to have Thanksgiving Dinner with our friends, but Mommy wasn't sure if we should go or not, because I wasn't feeling so good. Miss Jennifer insisted and so we headed up to Spring to spend time with The H. family. Even though I wasn't feeling my best it was still a great Thanksgiving, and we all had a great time.

The next day I was feeling much better and we went to--well you'll never guess--that's right the Houston Children's Museum! I was actually pretty excited to go again, not only was Landry going to be there too, but I got to bring my Dad! He'd never been. Mommy was there to work for a website she is a member of called Moms Like Me. Mommy doesn't actually work anymore (besides taking care of yours truly, and I am a lot of work!) and when she has the opportunity to get paid (unfortunately I can only pay Mommy in hugs and kisses and not cold hard cash!) she takes the opportunity. So while she was making the big bucks I showed Daddy around. Boy did we have fun--take a look!



This contraption was my favorite part of this trip to the museum. There was a green button that you pushed and air came out of the pipe. (Look below to see me working the button!)




Oh and the gong was pretty cool too! In fact I was having so much fun that I did not want to leave. See the evidence below. I know. I know. It's not the most flattering picture. Mommy snuck that one on here before I knew it. This is why one must not act out when a camera is present--the evidence is pretty overwhelming!



At any rate, I had a great November and am THANKFUL for so many things...my Daddy and Mommy, my friends and family, my Cars, my big boy bed, fruit snacks, and cereal bars! Mommy says we are going to decorate the Christmas Tree today--I can hardly wait.
Talk to you later my peeps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fun. Miss you guys. Love the comment about paying mom in kisses, not cold hard cash.

Shawn

cmhouston said...

How’s it going, Xander and family?

Thank you for sharing your fun times at the Children’s Museum of Houston.

We’d like to invite you to post your photos to our Flickr group page: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cmhouston/

Post comments on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/cmhouston

And follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cmhouston

Thanks for visiting us and we hope you to see you soon!

Rae said...

Loved the pictures of you guys and Xander. Should be framed. His face, like Evie's, looks like it has slimmed down. He looks more like a little boy, especially during his tantrum! SO SAD!

Love,
Tawnda