7/5/10

Happy 3rd Birthday To Me!!!

So last month I turned the big 0-3.  That's right folks, I am officially a three year old.  Life as a three year old is pretty sweet, but really hasn't changed a whole lot from life as a two year old.  Anyways, back to me turning three.  Well I decided that I wanted to have a Disney Cars themed birthday--would you have guessed anything else?  Mommy went to work planning and it was decided that we have the party here at our house, in the back yard.  Mommy also wanted to have the party before this guy's nap--so the time was set from 1pm to 3 pm.  Mommy bought an extra large canopy to go with our pop-up canopy, to provide shade to our guests, lots of drinks and ice pops and snacks.  She also worked really hard on the computer making some Cars themed decorations.  She did a fabulous job, if I do say so myself.  

So the big day came.  I awoke to birthday wishes from Mommy and Daddy, and they even let me open some birthday presents from them.  I couldn't believe it, but they had gotten me the one thing I'd been asking for, the Rescue Squad Mater and Ambulance play set.  As a bonus surprise they also got the "burnt" Lightning for me to rescue.  Super sweet.  After that Mommy and Daddy had to head outside to put up the canopies, that's when they knew the day was NOT going to be pleasant for an outdoor birthday party.  It was already HOT, HOT, HOT!  They got the canopies up and then it was run, run, run--trying to get everything set up before the party started.  They cut it close, with our first guests arriving before they were finished, but then we "got the party started".  Mommy had come up with a pretty cool craft, and although I just wanted to play with the cars instead, I let her use them.  She bought 4 cars, one each in red, blue, yellow and green colors.  Then she put the cars in their corresponding paint colors and me and my friends "drove" all over the paper.  We also put on Cars tattoos.  After playing in the yard, on the swings, and in the sandbox, me and my friends were ready for something cool.  We had some ice pops, but that just didn't cool us down, so Mommy decided to bring the party inside.   We had cake, opened presents and did the pinata, all in the sweet, sweet coolness of the house.  After everyone left I took a much needed nap.  When I woke up Mommy and Daddy surprised me with a few more gifts.  The best one-- a COMPUTER.  It is pretty rockin'.  Overall I had a GREAT birthday, but Mommy and Daddy say NEVER AGAIN.  They of course don't mean my birthday, just not an outdoor party.  Texas is just TOO hot for an outdoor party.  Also Mommy says she will never have my party on my birthday either, she felt like Daddy and her were shunning me to get ready.  They were, but it was okay.  

Here are the scrapbook pages Mommy did to commemorate my birthday.  Enjoy.





(Mommy used three kits Chugga Choo Choo; Zoom, Zoom, Zoom and Magical Place Mini-all by Connie Prince and two templates by Connie Prince (2 and 3) and two templates by Albums to Remember (1 and 4).)

2 comments:

Rae said...

Wish we were there to celebrate!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Love the pages too! Your mama is so talented!!

Love,
Auntie Tawnda

Anonymous said...

Love it! Glad we got to celebrate with him this year too!!

Love you!
xoxoxoxo

Jessie