11/6/08

For my son

It has been said that there is nothing like the love a parent has for a child, and this did not ring true until I had you. Xander, I love you so much that my heart feels like it will burst. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you let me see things through your eyes, and explore with you. I see the wonder in your eyes when you see something new, or realize you can do something you've never done before. I see the pride when you accomplish something new, and the disappointment and frustration when you realize you can't do it. You make me want to be a better person. You make me want to make this world a better place, not only for you, my sweet innocent boy, but for all the people living on it. Today you are 17 months old, and although you don't know it, you have made my world a better place. I love you from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, you are my everyday! Mom

No comments: